|The Dream Machine|
|Season 3, Episode 05|
|Air date||October 10, 1992|
A Perfect World
The Dream Machine is the fifth episode in the third season of Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
The main characters featured in this episode are:
- Captain Planet
- Mayor of Paloma Blanca
Carlos, an Hispanic farm boy on a small island, becomes jealous of his cousin's return from the big city. He is given the power to wish for anything he wants from a mysterious stranger, calling himself the Dream Maker. Soon the whole town discovers the Dream Maker, and they all want something big. Blinded by greed, the townspeople fail to realize that their natural resources are being drained to create the things they wish for. They soon learn the effects of this, but the Planeteers need Captain Planet to get rid of the Dream Maker, who is revealed as Zarm, and quell a near war between the townspeople of La Playa and the villagers of Paloma Blanca, who also want a piece of the Dream Maker.
Significant Moments and FactsEdit
- It's the only time that Zarm's voice is provided by David Warner. In seasons 1 and 2, he was voiced by Sting, and in season 5, he speaks with Malcolm McDowell's voice.
- Zarm's look is different from the one used in his previous appearances. He has no gloves, cloak or a T-like pattern on his chest armor. Instead, he wears a belt with a sword attached to it, and a Gypsy-style earring in his right ear. Also, his hairstyle is less messy.
- The following were desired from the dream machine each with a cost:
- Desire A: First, a suit and a big batch of cakes( Cost: Sheep's wool from sheep and his farmer famly's wheat from his farms fields)
- Desire B: Secondly, Motorcycles( Cost: Ore from high high mountains, oil from below the river water, plastic from trees, presumably anyway)
- Desire C: Thirdly, Big cars( Cost: Ore from high high mountains, oil from below the river water, resulting in oil leaks, so pretty much the same as the motorcycles)
- Desire D: Then, Mansions( Cost: Wood from nearby trees in nearby forest and presumably sand for glass)
- Desire E: Finally, Weapons for war( Rifles and Bazookas, each costing the crafted cars for scrap metal)
- Desire: Somewhat significantly, wheeler asked for a high-tech massage chair( Cost: presumably left over material from motorcycles. Also, Wheeler chose it as a test for the Dream Machine)
Add images here.