|The Big Clam-Up|
|Season 02, Episode 09|
|Air date||November 9, 1991|
|Written by||Doug Molitor|
The Coral Killer
An Inside Job
The Big Clam-Up is the ninth episode in the second season of Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
The main characters featured in this episode are:
Ma-Ti becomes engrossed in the Dash Raymond detective novels until a real mystery emerges. Numerous people have been getting poisoned by all sorts of pollutants at an alarming rate in San Francisco and the Planeteers are sent to find out the source. Ma-Ti tries to use some detective skill to find out the culprit, but always comes up short... or does he?
Significant Moments and FactsEdit
- Ma-Ti: (as narrator of the mystery book) Maybe I never should have taken the caper. Maybe I should have just clammed up when that doll knocked on my office door. Instead, I said: “Come on in”. She was tall, dark...and semi-transparent.
Fantasy-Gaia: I'm desperate. I need your help, Ma-Ti.
Ma-Ti: (still reading the book) The name is Raymond, doll. Dash Raymond.
Gaia: Spirit of Earth to Ma-Ti, hello!
Gaia waves her hand before the eyes of Ma-Ti, who yells and falls off the chair in surprise.
- Gaia: I want you to go to San Francisco and investigate.
Ma-Ti: San Francisco? Dash Raymond's city? Gaia, I will take the cake!
Ma-Ti runs off towards the geo-cruiser.
Gaia: (with a sigh) I think he means he'll take the case.
- Captain Planet: I wish I could help you out, but I'm just a superhero. Heh, I'm no detective.
Wheeler: Neither is Ma-Ti.
Captain Planet: Give him another chance.
- Linka: What do we do? We are going off the cable!
Wheeler: Try the networks?
Kwame, Linka, and Gi: Wheeler!
- Linka: What rhymes with fear? Uh... deer!
Kwame: Gear? Clear? Spear?
Gi: Hear? Tear?
Linka: Near? Uh, cheer?
Wheeler: Uh, rear? Sneer? Steer? Leer!
Skumm: No, you pea-brains! Pier! PIER!
Gi: Hey! Mimes aren't supposed to talk!
Skumm: I know, but I've only got till midnight!
Add images here.