|Powers||Pollutant absorption, radioactive rays|
|First Appearance||Mission to Save Earth Part I|
Captain Pollution was created Dr. Blight, who duplicated the Rings of the five Planeteers to create the Rings of Destruction.
Episode appearances Edit
MISSION TO SAVE THE EARTH, Parts 1 & 2.
Captain Pollution is first created by Dr. Blight, after presenting the five Rings of Destruction to fellow Eco-Villains Duke Nukem, Sly Sludge, Verminous Skumm, and Looten Plunder. Initially when presented their rings, the five Eco-Villains saw them as mere tools to be used in attempting to defeat the Planeteers, but after a careful observation by MAL, Dr. Blight's computer, the idea for the villains to combine their powers in the same manner as the Planeteers came into play.
Upon being summoned, Captain Pollution was sent to Commander Clash's island, where he fought the ex-military commando, and lost after Kwame and Gi discovered that pure things such as water and sunlight can hurt Captain Pollution. Being badly defeated, Captain Pollution left the island and returned to the ship where the Eco-Villains had gathered together, returning to the Rings, just as Captain Planet normally does whenever he's weakened.
Later on, after the Planeteers get their rings back from Dr. Blight, Captain Planet is summoned, and the Eco-Villains respond, by summoning Captain Pollution. The latter initially has the upper hand over the former, when Dr. Blight throws a Pollution Pod at Captain Planet, severely draining him of his power. Retreating back to Commander Clash's island, the Planeteers use an ionizer weapon to draw out the toxic chemicals from Captain Planet, allowing him to re-challenge Captain Pollution. The latter is then subjected to all of the natural elements of the planet: Earth, Fire, Water, Wind and Sunlight. After being bested by Captain Planet, Captain Pollution returns to the Rings of Destruction once more, which seemingly self-destruct upon his return, causing the Eco-Villains to disband after removing them.
A MINE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE, Parts 1 & 2.
Captain Pollution comes back for one final appearance, when the ground of Commander Clash's island becomes so polluted with toxic waste that it recharges and re-energizes the remains of the five Rings of Destruction, along with the magic of Captain Planet. The rings reactivate and summon Captain Pollution, who attacks Captain Planet, and challenges him to a little game that he calls "Kill The Planet" (Pun intended). In his 'game' he attacks and destroys an oil field, derails a train carrying toxic waste, and even attempts to melt the polar ice caps. In his debauchery, he manages to grow to tremendous sizes, due to the toxics that he has absorbed.
Captain Pollution is finally killed after being tricked by Captain Planet into going into an underground magma chamber, which destroys him permanently.
Captain Pollution resembles Captain Planet, but his skin is pale yellow, and covered in brown lesions. His hair is red, and styled in a Widow's peak and he has red eyes. His costume is the same color and style as Planet's, but the chest is torn in the middle, with two halves of a cracked version of Planet's chest symbol on either side. His voice has a California Valley twang to it.
Powers and abilities Edit
Captain Pollution can fly, absorb pollutants and generate and launch radioactive rays from his hands.
Weaknesses and limitations Edit
Captain Pollution is extremely weakened whenever he is in contact with pure elements, such as clean water, soil or sunlight.
He also seems to need to bathe in pollution and toxic or radioactive waste to replenish his power in active.
Season 1 Edit
Season 4 Edit
Main story appearances Edit
- Mission to Save Earth Part I – created
- Mission to Save Earth Part II – destroyed by Captain Planet
- A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste Part I – revived by chemical fumes
- A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste Part II – destroyed again
- Showdown on Hope Island
- "By your polluting powers combined, I am Captain Pollution! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- After being summoned by the Eco-Villains.
- "The polluting power is yours."
- Before returning to the rings.
- "Ooh... have a heart, Captain Planet!"
- After being subjected to the four elements of the Earth.
- Captain Pollution is the second character to die in the series.
- However, he is the first character to come back to life.
- And the first character to die a second time.
- It's weird that while Captain Pollution was dissolved in the lava in Season 4, he wasn't dissolved when Captain Planet drove him through lava in Season 1.
- Captain Planet's chest symbol indicates his energy level, as shown in Deadly Ransom. However, Captain Pollution's chest symbol is torn, and it becomes unknown how his energy level is shown.
- It's possible that Captain Pollution's chest symbol merely means that he wants to destroy the earth.
- He is voiced by David Coburn who also voices Captain Planet.