|Powers||All powers of nature and more|
|First Appearance||A Hero for Earth|
|Voices|| Neil Ross (Un-aired Pilot) |
David Coburn (Season 1 to present and dubbed over the Pilot for TV series)
Captain Planet is the eponymous character of the TV show Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
He is created by the 5 elements if the rings Gaia have invented. The elements that are used to create him are Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Heart.
Captain Planet has long green mullet and brown eyes. His skin is blue. and he wears a red shirt-like top, black-belt with gold buckle on the front, and red boots. But in his very first appearance, his boots were missing for the first few episodes.
Captain Planet displays a wry sense of humor and often makes puns while taunting the show's cast of villains. In episodes like Mind Pollution and A Formula for Hate, however, Captain Planet refrains from his usual dishing out of jokes and puns, probably because of the serious nature of the subject matters of these particular episodes (drugs and HIV/AIDS respectively).
This section can be longer. Please expand it, if you can.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Captain Planet's abilities are never clearly defined within the show, allowing him to always have a way of defeating his enemy and solving the problem before him. He can shape-shift and alter his structure to take on the properties of any element or material as well as transmuting other objects in a similar fashion. In various episodes he flies, has great strength, withstands various forces that can kill a normal human, and displays telepathic and empathic abilities.
Weaknesses and Limitations Edit
Captain Planet is weakened when he is in contact with pollution (including mental pollution, hate). Like Gaia, he is bound to the physical realm of Earth. Although he is capable of flying into orbit, he can’t travel away from the planet. Thus, in one episode he is unable to "return to the Earth" completely as two of the five Planeteers and their rings, Earth and Heart, are stranded in space.
In the beginning of the series, Gaia assembles a modern-day group of young people from several nations. When the modern-day Planeteers combine their powers to summon the elemental warrior, this incarnation takes on the appearance of a superhero named "Captain Planet".
This section should be longer. Please expand it, if you can.
Add details here.
Captain Planet and Gaia don't have much screen-time together, mainly due to her staying on Hope Island while he assists the Planeteers on their missions and/or him returning to his crystal matrix as soon as his work is done. However, when they do interact, they get along well and show that they care for each other. This is best visible by the end of Summit to Save Earth Part II; when the Planeteers summon him to deal with Zarm, Captain Planet first forces Zarm back into his ship, then pauses to give Gaia a hug before proceeding to send Zarm back where he'd come from.
Captain Pollution Edit
The two are polar opposites and Captain Pollution was created to be the archenemy of Captain Planet.
Significant Episodes Edit
- A Hero for Earth – Captain Planet is summoned for the first time in the franchise.
- Deadly Ransom – The Captain is captured and held for ransom by Doctor Blight and Duke Nukem.
- Mission to Save Earth Part II – Captain Planet fights (and wins) against his evil counterpart, Captain Pollution.
- Greenhouse Planet – Captain Planet is unable to return the Earth and Heart powers, due to Kwame and Ma-Ti having accidentally gotten stranded in space. Nonetheless, he has to find a way to stop Dr. Blight who had the other Planeteers captured.
- By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!
- The power is yours!
- On June 27, 2013, Sony Pictures announced that they are currently producing a live-action movie based on Captain Planet.
- In the episode Greenhouse Planet, it is established that Linka's Wind power gives Captain Planet the ability to fly.
- On October 9, 2017, Captain Planet returned in a crossover with OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes. David Colburn reprised his role.
- When Captain Planet is summoned, the Planeteer's rings are of no use until Captain Planet returns to earth by returning the power.
- Captain Planet also likes to make good appearances when he is summoned such as forming from the powers while in the sky, or when the powers zoom down from the sky into the ground Captain Planet will rise from the ground or the ground under water.
- The Planeteers have summoned Captain Planet by aiming their rings to the sky, at the water or at a vertical distance.
- It is impossible to summon Captain Planet if there is too much pollution in the air.
- He has been held captive by the Conqueror before without being summoned and been held hostage on a game show without being summoned. Its unexplained how Captain Planet is captured when he is not summoned yet.